The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 深圳写字楼成交量同比暴增5倍 借力住宅魔棒
- Fixed Income Securities
- 东莞跨境电商中心园区揭牌 支持玩具家具快速通关
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 人大代表张育彪：集体企业要告别“房东经济” in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 购房签补充协议 应提前看清 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 高效集约利用土地破解空间难题: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 人口普查将“查房”是要收房产税？官媒辟谣 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Will Smith had a very successful career in the late 80s and early 90s as the second half of rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. But in spite of his financial success, Smith did not manage his money well. It's a pretty classic tale, really. New fame, lots of money, no future plans, and lots of fancy toys added up to a lot of overspending. This lack of oversight and fiscal irresponsibility landed him on the brink of bankruptcy. He owed the government back taxes that he had not paid.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 全球最大化工企业巴斯夫总部突发爆炸事故 致两死两失踪六重伤
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 智能照明前景一片光明 细分市场谋发展
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 阅读成功的商业案例。吸收史蒂夫o乔布斯等成功创业者以及《创智赢家》（Shark Tank）提供的知识财富。一份成功的商业计划书不需要长篇累牍。10页纸的商业计划书既便于理解，又足以包含你要开始实施的所有内容。
- 南昌建材市场经销商“生意惨淡” 夹缝中求生存
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
While the president emerged as the narrow winner on the night, the encounter, which was cordial and largely uneventful compared with the previous two debates, is unlikely to have much impact on the outcome of the election.